How We Store User Data and Protect Your Privacy
Here’s an overview of how Newtopia stores and protects user data and privacy as it relates to the following:
- Fitbit Data
- Genetic Test
- Information gathered in Registration
- Inspirator Sessions
- Newtopia Mobile App
- When you connect your Fitbit account to Newtopia, you give permission to Fitbit to transmit your weight and activity data to Newtopia.
- Each time the Fitbit app syncs, Fitbit will notify Newtopia to go collect your latest data. This is done through secured connections using digital token authentication to protect your data.
- Your data is stored in the participant record in our secured and encrypted database.
- Only authorized personnel, such as your Inspirator, Care Team members, and data analysts have access to your information in order to provide the best care for you.
- Genetic tests are optional
- We only report on 3 genes, DRD2, FTO, and MC4R. These are genes specific to appetite and weight loss.
- Genetic test results are sent directly to Newtopia and only authorized personnel such as your Inspirator have access.
- Once we have your results, your Inspirator will set up a genetic reveal coaching call to review them with you. And only you. Once the two of you have gone over these results together, you will be able to access your genetic profile in your Achieve on the Go app, which is password protected. Your results are also securely stored in our encrypted database.
- Newtopia never shares these genetic results with your employer or your insurance provider without your written consent or prior authorization. The law is very specific in protecting your information and privacy.
Information collected during Registration:
- We collect Personal Information during registration that you provide, when you complete your personal profile and personality questionnaire, provide information about your health status, and provide reasons for program participation. We also collect information you provide when you contact customer service or download an application.
- We use your information to personalize and enhance your experience such as tailoring content and remembering your preferences or matching you to an Inspirator who shares similar personality traits. We believe the better we get to know you and understand what motivates you, where you are in your readiness to change, the better we will be able to personalize the right approach and content to help inspire healthier change in you.
- The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use administrative, physical, and technical means to safeguard and protect information under our control. We also use systems and processes consistent with information privacy and security requirements under applicable federal and state laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- The conversation with your Inspirator is private and confidential, however we do record calls for quality assurance purpose. Calls might be reviewed by the Inspirator’s manager for quality and training purpose.
- If you are concerned about privacy, you may request that we don’t record the session.
- Your Inspirator is certified in HIPPA compliance and trained on the importance of maintaining the privacy and integrity of your protected health information (PHI). Rest assured we have your best interest at heart and will honor and protect your privacy.
Newtopia Mobile App:
- The Achieve on the Go app requires a strong password which is a minimum of 8 characters and can be a combination of letters, numbers or special characters and can only be changed using a one-time PIN sent to your registered email address.
- Newtopia uses encryption to protect personal information such that if your mobile connection is not secured or private while using the AotG app to connect to the Newtopia servers, the app will terminate the connection before any data is exchanged. If that happens, find a secured connection and try accessing your profile again to allow the connection to reset.
- Our app allows you and your Inspirator to set goals together and review your progress such as your weight and activity data. Your Inspirator needs access to your data so that together, you can make the right decisions to inspire change and achieve your health goals.
- Your Newtopia issued scale does not store personal information.
- Each time a measurement is taken, the scale sends its own unique ID along with the date, time, and weight measurement to the manufacturer via a cellular connection.
- Newtopia then receives this update from the manufacturer via a secured connection.
- We match the device’s unique ID to the participant record in our database to ensure the information is correctly and securely stored in the correct participant’s profile, which only authorized personnel have access to.