My scale is not connecting to my mobile device, what do I do?
If your scale cannot connect to Bluetooth successfully, please reinstall the app or change the scale’s batteries. Make sure that your iOS or Android device is updated to the latest version and reinstall the latest Yunmai app. You can reinstall the Yunmai app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or online at http://www.iyunmai.com/en/app.html
The scale won’t turn on and the LCD display is blank. What should I do?
Make sure the batteries are installed correctly or change to new batteries.
How do I recalibrate the scale?
Step on to the scale for 1-2 seconds and then step off. The scale will automatically recalibrate and show 0.0 lb.
Why does my scale show the wrong weight? It’s showing a difference of 4 or 5 pounds from my recent/current weight. If I step off and back on several times, it finally registers my correct weight.
The scale may need to be recalibrated to show accurate readings.
1. Place the scale on a hard, flat surface like tile.
2. Step on and off the scale quickly.
3. The display will show 0.0 lb. This indicates that the calibration is complete.
Data is transmitted from your scale to your Newtopia account within 5-10 minutes. Please check your weight graph in the Newtopia Achieve on the Go app to review your progress.
If your weight still does not appear in your Newtopia app after 5-10 minutes or if you experience persistent issues with your scale, please contact the Newtopia Tech Support team and have the following information ready:
1. The date of your last weigh in
2. The weight reading on the scale
3. The approximate number of times you’ve weighed in since the last weights were transmitted to your Newtopia Achieve on the Go app.
Why does the Yunmai app display my body weight but no other body metrics?
A Bluetooth connection is necessary to capture and record all data.
1. Install the Yunmai app for your device. Open the app and log in. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on in your device.
2. Step on the scale with bare feet. The app should show “connected” on the top instead of “connecting,” and all data should be visible. The scale should show the Bluetooth logo (“B”), along with your weight.
Still not working? Try these solutions:
1. Clean the scale surface and your feet with a damp towel. If the scale surface is not clean or your feet are too dry, your metrics may not be measured.
2. Check the age settings in the app. The app will only measure and track users who are 18 and above. Teenagers under 18 are growing fast, and their body data is changing frequently, so only their weight can be measured and tracked.
3. Make sure there is direct contact between the scale surface and your feet. Please do not weigh yourself while wearing socks.
4. Double check to see if the plastic film is still on the scale’s surface. If it is, please remove it since it can interfere with the readings.
5. Don’t step off the scale too soon. The weighing process is not finished until the progress bar on the display screen fills up and flashes three times.
How do I get my Yunmai app to sync with Apple Health, Fitbit, and Google Fit?
1. Open the Yunmai app on your mobile device.
2. Tap on “Me” at the bottom of your screen and select “Settings”.
3. Connect to Apple Health, Google Fit, or Fitbit.
On an iPhone, Fitbit will sync the latest data only if you fully exit the Fitbit app (double click the home button and swipe up) and reopen it.
Can I change units of measurement manually within the apps?
Yes, both the Yunmai and Apple Health apps allow you to change units of measurement from pounds (lb) to kilograms (kg) and vice versa.
Open up the Yunmai app and click “Me” at the bottom. Along with your personal information, it has a button to select “lb” or “kg.” The unit of measurement you select will be highlighted in white.
How do I delete a data entry?
For iOS users:
1. Open the Yunmai app and tap on “Tracking Graphs.”
2. Tap the button in the top right-hand corner to open up all of your historical data.
3. Swipe left on the entry you want to delete and a red trash button will appear. Select the trash icon to delete the data entry.
For Android users:
1. Open the Yunmai app and tap on “Tracking Graphs”.
2. Tap the button in the top right-hand corner.
3. When you see the individual data entries, tap and hold the entry that you would like to delete. After a few moments, a new pop-up will form asking if you would like to delete the entry. Select “Yes” to delete.