With back-to-school season in full swing, there’s no better time to think about incorporating some mindfulness techniques into your everyday routine. Practicing mindfulness helps to reduce anxiety, improve focus, and get better sleep. The best part is that these techniques are often simple and quick.
Get started with the ‘5 Senses Exercise’ to bring you back to the present moment. Spend about a minute on each step.
- 1. Sight: Look for things you wouldn’t normally notice. Pay attention to features like color, texture, and shape.
- 2. Touch: Think about the feeling of your clothes on your skin, the sun on your face, or the surface beneath you.
- 3. Sound: Bring your attention to all the sounds that you’ve naturally tuned out. Are you in a quiet space or a busy office?
- 4. Smell: Take a few deep breaths and try to detect any scents in the air around you.
- 5. Taste: Focus on your taste buds. Take a sip of water, chew a piece of gum, or have a small snack. If that’s not possible, try this during your next meal!
Talk to your Inspirator for more mindfulness ideas. Book your next session using the Newtopia app. Need assistance? Contact 1.888.639.8181 ex. 601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.