It is important to develop habits that build resilience to stress to help nurture our body, mind, and spirit. The next time you feel stressed, try this quick and easy meditation technique to clear your mind.
- Hold your hand out in front of you.
- Start at the base of your thumb and trace each finger with your index finger of your other hand.
- When you trace up, take a deep breath in, hold at the top, and as you trace down, let your breath out on the way down.
- Do this until you get to the base of your pinky finger.
- Repeat this exercise as many times as needed.
To make this technique even more powerful, say some positive affirmations on the exhale breath (as you trace down your fingers). Some positive affirmations we love are:
- My mind is calm and clear.
- I release tension from my body.
- I am happy and peaceful.
- This feeling will pass.
Try out this technique the next time you’re feeling stressed. Your Newtopia Inspirator can provide further advice about handling stress. Book your next coaching session using the Newtopia app. Contact 1.888.639.8181 or email@example.com for assistance.